Bayreuth University Library will reopen with restrictions on 20 April 2020. The Main Library and all department libraries will be open to borrow and return books, journals and other materials.
For your own safety and the protection of our staff, we request that you only visit the library premises if it is really necessary. In addition, we ask you to follow these instructions and to observe the distance markers on the floor as well as the rules of conduct on the posters in the libraries.
If you have any questions before visiting the library, you can contact us via email (email@example.com
) or phone (0921/55-3420
Thu 9 am – 4 pm and Fri 9 am – 2 pm).
We can currently not issue library cards. If you need one, please contact us.
Borrowing and returning
- It is possible for all our patrons to borrow and return books and other media. Please note our current opening hours. The University Library reserves the right to limit these service times if necessary.
- Before visiting the library: Please research the items you need in our online catalogue and note down the shelfmarks for books in our reading room holdings.
- Our closed stacks ("Magazinbestände") can be ordered via our catalogue. These orders can be collected at the circulation desk in the Main Library the following workday. (for borrowing from the reading room stacks, see below)
Access to the library buildings
- Our reading rooms, group rooms and carrels will stay closed until further notice. Research at the terminals and PCs in the libraries is not possible. Personal consultations are currently also suspended. Please contact our Information Team for a personal phone appointment (0921/55-3420), (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- It is possible to collect and borrow books from the reading room shelves. Students can not borrow books from RW location 31. The University Library reserves the right to regulate the number of people who can access the library buildings at the same time , e.g. through admission controls. Reading in the library, e.g. between the shelves, is not permitted.
- The access to the scanning and copying rooms ist restricted: Only small groups can access them simultaneously.
- It is possible to pay fees at the machines. The Campus-Card can be topped up with banknotes (5€, 10€, 20€, 50€) at the cash dispenser. Card payment is not possible. Please note that we can not change money.
Last updated: 22nd June 2020